Monday, June 29, 2009

Catching Up

Wow, time goes so fast. I've got pictures to share from May. I will get these on here before June is over! Let's see. Ahh yes, Aaron tried to kill himself again. This time it was the rope swing. They thought it was great fun to sit on it and have another child twist it and twist it. Well stored energy must go somewhere and this law of physics was learned the hard way. Aaron was twisted so high that he was well over Catherine's head when I looked out the door and said that is high enough. Then one more twist and POP! It was loud. The rope broke and flew up with such force that Aaron got cut and huge welt formed on his stomach and chest. I thought we were going to the ER, but after checking for a broken back, I moved him to the couch. He was in a little shock. Catherine, who was physically unharmed, was in a lot of shock. But when I asked if he thought we should go in to the hospital he jumped around and assured me he was fine. Luckily he was wearing a loose shirt, which absorbed some of the force, as evidenced by the holes. His face didn't get it and Catherine said, "If we just listened to mom." What more can I ask!?
Catherine got to participate in her second grade egg drop competition. Here is Joe on our roof for a trial run. (no his little fall has not kept him on the ground) She wrapped it in bubble wrap and attached a grocery sack parachute. Her egg was safe and sound! Good job Caf! Her school principal threw the egg containers off the roof. He is so much fun. After the eggs were finished they set off two M.entos bombs. The kids got soaked with diet soda. Which is the less sticky route to take.







Hang on there Cora, I will tell them about our vacation soon! I've got to get some work done now!

3 comments:

Lisa R said...

Wow, never a dull moment at your house huh? Glad Aaron and Catherine are ok though.

Jeffrey and Monica said...

wow, it was bad. i'm glad it wasn't any worse.

Kim said...

Glad Aaron is fine, great picture of Cora!